Without the generous contributions of our members' commitments, time and talents to SLTA, we would be nothing! We want ALL our members involved - and there's no better place to start than through committees! We as title professionals will definitely have our work cut out for us this year, and now more than ever, we need pull together and show what we're made of! So, may SLTA count on YOU to join a committee this year? You will be glad you did!
If you are interested in joining a committee, please send an email to the appropriate committee chair - and welcome aboard!
Membership Committee: Each state's membership committee is responsible for the coordination of a campaign or strategy to increase membership in conjunction with the Executive Director. Also responsible for making certain the membership rosters are up to date and ensuring the membership information on the SLTA website is accurate at all times. For 2016-17, the SLTA Membership Committee leaders are as follows:
* Alabama Membership Chair: Jeremy Holley - firstname.lastname@example.org
* Georgia Membership Chair: Kyle Levstek - email@example.com
* Mississippi Membership Chair: Mies von Seebach - Mies@stewart.com
Education Committee: Each state's education committee is responsible for coordinating annual title schools (minimum one per year) for SLTA members in its respective state and supporting the Vice-President in coordinating seminars/speakers for the Midyear Meeting and Annual Convention. The Education Committee also supports the Executive Director in obtaining CLE/CE credits from the state Bar Associations and Departments of Insurance (as applicable) prior to any educational events, as well as ensuring compliance with all applicable reporting and certification requirements after said events. For 2016-17, the SLTA Education Committee leaders are as follows:
* Alabama Education Chair: Michael Webber - firstname.lastname@example.org
* Georgia Education Chair: Rhee McCallum - email@example.com
* Mississippi Education Chair: Stephen Reck - firstname.lastname@example.org
Legislative Committee: Each state's legislative committee is responsible for the monitoring and reporting of all state specific governmental affairs directly affecting the title insurance industry. The SLTA Legislative Committee leaders are as follows:
* Alabama Legislative Chair: Price Evans - email@example.com
* Georgia Legislative Chair: Deborah Bailey - firstname.lastname@example.org & Mark Robinson - email@example.com
* Mississippi Legislative Chair: Terry Weill - firstname.lastname@example.org
Communications Committee Chair: Inge Tingle - email@example.com
Title Institute Certification: Gina Matthews - firstname.lastname@example.org